Tuesday 22 March 2011

Burn magazine

I next chose to look at the interactive magazines that are already around for me to get influence off, I started by going onto ceros.com and picked a few of the most interesting, this would be the grounds to some of my features in the magazine.

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1S4c80f7167e7fb012.cde

This is a magazine about extreme sports, it may be nothing to do with what I want to do my magazine on however I decided to look at it for the links. If you turn to pages 6 and 7 you will see a map and this is what i would like to do for my Santa Pod camping experience pages, I will treat the event as a road trip taking images as we go down the road and placing them in various areas on the map line. The map line will be made and pins will be put into the line to signify important moments in the trip. At the finish (Santa Pod) there will be a link to click on which will bring you to videos and various other things on the 3 double page spread camping experience page.



I also like pages 12 and 13, the layout as it shows it being simple and quite stylish, this is achieved by having plain backgrounds and simple shapes that do not over complicate the page. I also like the way you can interact with the page and bring up different sections about the gear just by hovering over it. Although this is a good idea I have chosen to go another way with my normal to cheap comparison page, I have decided to take an image of a car and place on modifications that I can compare and make it so you can hover over the sections and they will pop up where to buy them cheap, the price and the work that would need doing and then the expensive, the work and what would need doing, along with the difference in overall price.



Another bit about the magazine I like is the contents page and the typography, it is simple and yet interesting due to the way the link works swapping the colours of the words and the background over when hovering, I like this because it is different. I may use this in mine however the typography is maybe a bit over simplified for my magazine. I believe that it sticks out due to the texture used and this is definitely a factor I may take into consideration, using a texture on the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment