Tuesday 15 March 2011

Project Proposal

I have chosen to produce a custom car magazine for the Ipad which is aimed at both men and women aged 18 to 25. I have chosen this as I have a very high interest in cars and believe that it is not just men that are so highly interested, it is also women. However magazines such as Fast car, Just cars and Max power have not adapted their magazines to accommodate the female audience.  Not only will I create an online magazine specifically for men and women but I have chosen to make it interactive in the sense that you do not just flick the pages to go through, you can watch videos on the pages and flick to a specific page via a tab or an image, this is a lot more interesting and enticing to the reader. I believe this will extend my knowledge due to the new software I will have to master in order for it to be right for new and upcoming Ipad.
My main influence for my project would be the Fast car magazine, I believe that it is not accommodating enough to women and the half naked females are off putting and not necessarily appealing to all male audiences. Another of my influences would have to be one of my family members as he has got me more interested in customizing my car and others he owns, he has been working on everything from mechanical faults to spraying a car to fitting a body kit. I believe this will help me when writing articles for my magazine as I have a lot of primary resources to work from. I plan to go to a few car shows, some cruises and am planning to customize my own car as I go on with the magazine, this will give me all the material needed to produce my final outcome.
I have chosen to do a lot of my camera work outside the studio as a lot of my photography will be done at home or at car shows, I will then use Photoshop and Illustrator to edit them to a near perfect finish and then put them together and add all interactive pieces such as embedding video and placing photos using In-Design.
When trying to get the best possible criticisms I have decided that constantly I will consult the target audience, getting their opinions and thoughts about my project so that I can do any necessary changes to attract them more. One of my main evaluations within this project will be about three weeks before the final, although I will be receiving constant points on how to improve the magazine I will also get about three or four opinions on a mock final piece, this is where I will make any major changes. My final evaluation will discuss the changes I made and why I made them, if I could change anything else and why. This will be written within the last week of the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment