Tuesday 22 March 2011

Sears magazine

I chose next to research another magazine that is aimed at a completely different audience, this is aimed at women, more importantly mums. Due to it being a baby magazine it is obviously that they have used pastel colours, colours that you would associate with baby's, e.g blue, pink and yellow. The tags dangling down on the magazine seem to be rocking like a baby cradle to keep you calm, I believe this is something that they are trying to get across, baby's need calming and so Sears can do this with their baby range.The Layouts within the magazine seem to be similar with a main image a small piece of type and interactive pop ups, I believe this adds consistency to the magazine and helps it flow better.

http://cradleandall.sears.com/baby-furniture-baby-health-nursing-baby-safety/1Z4a981253593cb012.cde

My favourite pages are pages 10 and 11, as they flow nicely with little text and simple background imagery, I also like the idea of having the playable music on the page so that you can learn and sing the lullaby's yourself or just play them straight off. I may choose this idea to include in my magazine to keep the reader interested, I must decide which music to play however as it is quite touchy as to which target audience I wish to attract, the best option would be to include maybe three different songs to have a choice of. I shall do a page of research on the music if I wish to carry this plan out also.

My next page I wish to look at is pages 14 and 15 and their use of video in the background, I think although interesting may distract the reader from the page however this could also be quite an interesting choice for the Santa Pod event when using not much type and slightly more imagery. This could also even be an advert possibly for the Fast Car magazine which would be quite exciting and would attract the audience to the advert of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment